Broken Karma & Plurk Oddities

Recently most die hard plurkers noticed when they woke up that Karma had stopped updating. Essentially the karma system was broken or at least stalled. Of course there was a million plurks about it; some being thrilled, others frustrated, upset or annoyed and everything in between. As the day progressed and the issue continued I kind of liked knowing that I would not be penalized for not plurking. Also I wonder how much less noise everyone’s time-line would have if people only generated new plurks when they generally have something interesting to share?

I thought I’d mention this as it was the night before Karma froze that I decided I wasn’t going to bother adding a generic “Good night Plurk zzzzZZZzzz” and it was awesome to wake up to the same score I left with. If I really wanted to increase my karma I could of posted; but to not post and feel see no repercussions was pretty cool. I barely use twitter anymore but one thing I really do like is that if I’ve logged in today or two weeks ago it’s just glad to have you back.

Eventually the A-team became aware of the issue and as per usual found a remedy shortly thereafter. One incident that happened during this karma freeze/stall/whatever was that some people’s Karma was actually changed; below is an actual screen shot of someone who thought they hit the jackpot!

Broken Karma

How would you feel in the morning if you woke up to a clean 99.99 karma? I am just glad syktek mentioned it and that I got a screen shot. I think it’s going to be a little while before WendyKnits most likely hits it!

While we’re on the topic of “karma oddities” I’m going to attach another image which happened after Plurk had it’s “New Shoes” for those of you that remember. “New Shoes” was a recent update that originally state ~1 hour took most of the day. This could explain the large jump seen in the screen shot below but I’m not totally convinced. After the new shoes were successfully on some people had increased; others decreased so I don’t think everyone went down. Either way within ~12 hours of the event I logged in and to my surprise saw +1 Karma. Most of us know that once you hit 60 it typically climbs in intervals of ~0.09% and sadly drops in ~0.09-0.15%. What’s weirder: going up 1 or going up 1 to exactly 66.66?

Apart from this Plurk has been running rather well lately; I’m interested to see where it goes in the next few months. Next time they update their karma algorithm it would be great if they started viewing plurk through the eyes of a casual, average internet user. If Plurk is to stick around and hit critical mass it will be highly dependent on the group just mentioned. Early adopting, always online, tech evangelists by no means represent the majority of the social media / networking crowd.

Stay tuned for more things plurk,

- Rob

P.S Be sure to tune into our weekly PlurkCAST, every Wednesday at 5PM EST.

15 Responses to “Broken Karma & Plurk Oddities”

1. Tiendas Calvin Klein Madrid on March 1st, 2016 | 6:00 am

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually realize what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally visit my website =). We can have a hyperlink change agreement between us|

2. shareit windows pc on March 23rd, 2016 | 7:15 am

good SHAREit for PC and to app click and player on All Apps and click on SHAREit emblem. nice.

shareit windows pc’s last blog post..By: SHAREitz

3. Zapya on March 25th, 2016 | 6:46 am

good After that you can apply your smartphone to scan this QR code that is exceptional from your notebook.nice.

4. Sony TV on June 6th, 2016 | 12:38 am

good Daadi will certainly not have an effect on them as it is certainly the celebrities who subject and produced the heroes nice.

Sony TV’s last blog post..The Best Jokes from The Kapil Sharma Show

5. Happy 4th of July 2016 on June 25th, 2016 | 5:22 am

The Best Place for Happy 4th of July Images, Pictures & Fourth July holidays 2016 Free quotes download clipart, crafts, photos, sayings (USA, America) Celebration

Happy 4th of July 2016’s last blog post..Happy 4th of July Images 2016, Fourth of July Images and Pictures

6. download mobdro on September 7th, 2016 | 6:22 am

good You are free to see the videos, as it is an add base so you can use the app for completely free. You can search for any video then get entertained for free. nice.

7. Kodi for Android on December 19th, 2016 | 6:44 am

good Kodi has actually expanded to a very large level in the arrival of add-on advancement. I assumed this application had not been launched for most of the OS but it has been.

8. Munesh Singh on January 28th, 2017 | 10:09 am

thnaks for share this amazing post with us. I really appreciated your work.

Munesh Singh’s last blog post..Real Madrid vs Bacelona (El Clasico) Head to head History

9. fleck water softener on January 29th, 2017 | 12:01 am

good you require a water conditioner; it has a high capacity, is very easy to mount and also is backed by numerous warranties. It is among the most effective water softeners available on the market great.

10. rr on February 8th, 2017 | 12:19 pm

I really appreciated your work.

rr’s last blog post..Sarkar 3 Actor Amit Sadh’s Wiki, profile, photos, Movies, Affairs and family.

11. rr on February 8th, 2017 | 12:19 pm

very intresting article

rr’s last blog post..Early Box Office Prediction of Sachin: A Billion Dreams Movie. Will it be a Hit?

12. rr on February 8th, 2017 | 12:20 pm

it shows how hard you work. keep it up/

rr’s last blog post..Fast and Furious 8 Movie- The Fate of Furious Full Movie Online for Free- Trailer Review.

13. Play Store for Windows on March 19th, 2017 | 11:44 pm

good bluestacks is an official web site which offers you emulator for your preferred apps now you have to require set up in your system you just comply with the nice.

14. mobdro kodi 2017 on August 12th, 2017 | 6:54 am

With the assistance of this app, you could view all your favorite movies and also video clips free of cost. As you could see numerous people are a lot into viewing motion pictures which are the most effective way to invest your time in the house.

15. barny santle on August 15th, 2017 | 3:02 am

With this kind of speech. i can win a lot of hearts.
    Teacher’s Day Speech In Hindi