New Community Badges and UI Tweak

I was going to go to the bar but somehow here I am blogging about Plurk. First thing I noticed when I routinely clicked “profile” and checked what was new were the new icons below karma. After seeing the community badges, I noticed the star appears there as well and no longer on the avatar on the timeline. I immediately started a plurk to see if anyone had noticed any other tweaks to the user interface; nothing.

Curious what a Plurk Community site is? At first I assumed it’s the “Unofficial Plurk Blog’s” listed on Plurk’s Official Blog; however Amix set the record straight. I’d assume qualifying websites are those that have really embraced plurk and are dedicated solely to it and have been for some time. It’s cool to be recognized by the designers; not aware of any other networks where the admins show appreciation like this. I’m curious what’s going to happen now… Everyone who received a badge the first go around is genuinely a plurk enthusiast as most of these sites were started within a month of the initial “Plurksplosion” into the scene in early June. Where will the line be drawn that determines if a site is eligible or not? I think largely it has to do with the definition of “community”; which typically involves some sort of defined purpose and level of activity. Will this create more work as the requests start flooding plurk’s inbox? Will this turn off people who for whatever reasons tried to get the badge but got rejected?

I’m undecided on the badge idea and my prediction is that the vast majority of plurker’s won’t care about or notice the new badges. I also believe a small group will make a big deal out of it being unfair while many more will apply for the badge whether they qualify or not.

I think this recent user interface could be a great transition towards a system geared more at the casual once a day or so plurker. (We addicts aren’t going anywhere; we love the platform) In this system the badges, stars and other symbols of participation levels(even karma) are visible but not the center of attention. Most plurkers won’t get a star, a badge or reach nirvana so why make them front and center like the star used to be and karma still kinda is? Where plurk goes from here is anyone’s guess but I’m looking forward to it.

Stay tuned for more things plurk,

- Rob

9 Responses to “New Community Badges and UI Tweak”

1. Dau Day on August 5th, 2015 | 10:35 pm

It really is actually an awesome in addition to helpful part of information and facts. Now i’m satisfied that you just contributed this useful info around. Please keep us knowledgeable such as this. Many thanks for expressing Dau Day.

Dau Day’s last blog post..Du l?ch Hà Giang mùa hoa cao nguyên ?á

2. Visit Webpage on September 16th, 2015 | 8:40 am

661605 901264???I normally cant uncover it in me to care enough to leaves a comment for articles on the internet but this was in fact pretty very good, thanks and maintain it up, Ill check back once again 812050

3. Mobdro Download on March 23rd, 2016 | 8:05 am

good Official variation of Mobdro.EXE files isn’t accessible for windows notebook. It was launched for apparatus that were android, nice.

4. Xender Computer Download on April 6th, 2016 | 5:08 am

good It connects all apparatus like iOS Android and PC’s, subsequently which makes nice.

5. mobdro kodi addon on September 7th, 2016 | 7:05 am

good I can say Mobdro streaming app is 200% safe, secure and legal application. You can also check http://www.mobdro.com website status, whether this site is safe or not. nice.

6. ???????? ??????????? on November 13th, 2016 | 4:30 pm

???????? ??????????? Hey there. I came across your blog post using msn. It becomes an extremely intelligently created content. We’ll be sure to take a note of that as well as resume continue reading of your practical data. Thanks for the post. I am going to unquestionably gain.

7. kik on November 23rd, 2016 | 12:52 am

good Or you can download the Kik APK file and use BlueStacks app player to install the app great.

8. Mobdro on February 2nd, 2017 | 6:28 am

https://mobdroforpcappdownload.com/ nice to hear.

9. pokemon hack on March 17th, 2017 | 1:16 pm

All of you can have this website for the pokecoins generator that is good for the hack online.

pokemon hack’s last blog post..Guide of the game that is driving millions crazy